Becoming an Affiliate
If you feel good about supporting and sharing my work with your audience, I welcome you to become an affiliate for one of my products.
In the wise words of Abby Kerr, Creative Director of the Voice Bureau, “Sharing other people’s good stuff—no strings attached—is part of doing business in the community of values-based business owners.” And I know that I, as a small business owner, make referrals all the time, whether or not the person behind the product or service I’m referring even knows about it.
And yet affiliate marketing can be both completely in line with your values and good for your bottom line. The aforementioned Abby Kerr has a terrific set of six questions to ask yourself before accepting an affiliate marketing opportunity, which you can read more about in her post, “Is Affiliate Marketing Right for My Business & Brand?”
I’m currently offering the opportunity for folks who think I produce good work, and who would like to be a part of sharing that work, to become affiliates for the Where’s the Electricity? audio-and-workbook duo.
What happens when I become an affiliate?
You’ll sign up through E-Junkie (if you haven’t already to become an affiliate for something else), upon which point you’ll receive a unique link for Where’s the Electricity?. You’ll then use that unique link whenever you link to the product, whether via a graphic in your sidebar or in a hyperlink in a review specific to the program.
What do I get for becoming an affiliate for Where’s the Electricity?
For every copy of the program that someone purchases, you’ll receive 40% of the total cost. (That’s 40% of $30—$12.)
What do I have to do to promote Where’s the Electricity?
You don’t have to do anything! But there are lots of things that you can do:
- You can interview me for your blog—audio, video, chat, Q&A—about anything related to Where’s the Electricity?: creativity, creative obsessions, writing, art, themes, inspiration, and so forth.
- Write a review of Where’s the Electricity?.
- Write (or record a video) of your own personal case study. Tell us how using the Where’s the Electricity? methodology has influenced the way that you work, or give us a specific example of how the methodology got you past a stuck point or instigated new work.
- Share the product through your favorite forms of social media.
What are the terms of being an affiliate?
Due to FTC regulations, you must disclose your affiliate status whenever you share the link. Do this in whatever manner feels right to you—one way I like to do this is to say something like, “Because of my experience with [this product] and how useful I find it, I’m even an affiliate,” and to put (aff) in my tweets and Facebook shares. For ethical reasons, please don’t state that you’ve experienced the product if you haven’t; if you’re deciding to become an affiliate because you trust the things made by EWWP, say that, or something like it, instead.
How will I be paid?
You’ll be paid on the last Monday of every month, via the PayPal address with which you signed up.
- Artists. Writers. Makers. Here’s to more inspiration & greater ease via @esmewang: bit.ly/myelectricity
- Bring depth to your creative process. Here’s to inspiration & ease via @esmewang: bit.ly/myelectricity
- I’m bringing more inspiration & ease to my creative work these days via @esmewang: bit.ly/myelectricity
Right-click on each image to download.
Questions? Want to get in touch about an interview? Get in touch with me here—and thank you for your interest.