Esmé Weijun Wang has been featured and mentioned in a number of publications and podcasts, including the New York Times, the Washington Post, The Unmistakable Creative, The Lively Show, and Weekend Edition (NPR). She has also been heard on KCRW’s UnFictional and NPR’s Weekend Update. For media requests, please send an email to e (at) esmewang.com.
Esmé Weijun Wang is an award-winning author and advocate. At esmewang.com, she provides resources that assist aspiring and working writers in developing resilience on the path to building a creative legacy. Wang’s emphasis on resilience originates from her own experiences as a writer, having learned the importance of adapting to difficult times from living with schizoaffective disorder and late-stage Lyme disease. She studied creative writing and psychology at Yale and Stanford, and received her MFA from the top-tier Creative Writing program at the University of Michigan. The author of The Border of Paradise (Unnamed Press, 2016), Wang has written for Catapult, Hazlitt, Lit Hub, Salon, and Lenny, and been written about in the New Yorker Online, Fusion, and the New York Times. She is currently, having won the 2016 Graywolf Nonfiction Prize, working on a collection of essays about schizophrenia. Find her e-letter, as well as the complimentary Creative Legacy Check-In, at esmewang.com/e-letter.
PRESS MENTIONS & INTERVIEWS
- Episode VII: An Interview with Esmé Wang, from the Writers on Mental Health series (0s&1s Reads)
- Everyday Icon: The Mental Health Advocate (Clementine Daily)
- Appreciating Success, In 15 Second Increments (The Billfold)
- Voice Notes Interview (The Voice Bureau)
- “Haunting, Beautifully Crafted” Essay by a Woman Who Believes She Is Dead (Knight Science Journalism at MIT)
- #NoShame in Mental Illness: A Reading List (Longreads)
- Esmé Weijun Wang on Success, Mental Illness, and Her Must-Read Debut Novel ‘The Border of Paradise” (Fusion)
- First-Time Author Overcomes Myriad Ailments and Still Finds Time to Help Others (New York Times, Women in the World)
- An Interview with Esmé Weijun Wang (Bookslut)
- Blank, White, Spaces: An Interview with Esmé Weijun Wang (Asian American Writers’ Workshop)
- The Inheritance of Trauma: Q&A with Adrienne Celt & Esmé Weijun Wang (ZYZZYVA)
- 9 Women Writers Who Are Breaking New Nonfiction Territory (Bustle)
- Esmé Weijun Wang Wins Graywolf Press Nonfiction Prize (Graywolf)
- The Rumpus Interview with Esmé Weijun Wang (The Rumpus)
PODCAST & RADIO INTERVIEWS (AUDIO)
PRESS & MEDIA PHOTOS
All press and media photographs taken by Kristin Cofer.