Esmé Weijun Wang has been featured and mentioned in a number of publications and podcasts, including the New York Times, the Washington Post, The Unmistakable Creative, The Lively Show, and Weekend Edition (NPR). She has also been heard on KCRW’s UnFictional and NPR’s Weekend Update. For media requests, please send an email to e (at) esmewang.com.
Esmé Weijun Wang is is the award-winning author of THE BORDER OF PARADISE: A NOVEL, named one of NPR’s Best Books of 2016, and is the recipient of the 2016 Graywolf Nonfiction Prize for her forthcoming essay collection, THE COLLECTED SCHIZOPHRENIAS. At esmewang.com, she provides resources for ambitious people living with limitations. Find her popular newsletter, With Love & Squalor, as well as the complimentary Creative Legacy Check-In, at esmewang.com/e-letter. She also loves Twitter: @esmewang.
PRESS MENTIONS & INTERVIEWS
- Episode VII: An Interview with Esmé Wang, from the Writers on Mental Health series (0s&1s Reads)
- Everyday Icon: The Mental Health Advocate (Clementine Daily)
- Appreciating Success, In 15 Second Increments (The Billfold)
- “Haunting, Beautifully Crafted” Essay by a Woman Who Believes She Is Dead (Knight Science Journalism at MIT)
- #NoShame in Mental Illness: A Reading List (Longreads)
- Esmé Weijun Wang on Success, Mental Illness, and Her Must-Read Debut Novel ‘The Border of Paradise” (Fusion)
- First-Time Author Overcomes Myriad Ailments and Still Finds Time to Help Others (New York Times)
- An Interview with Esmé Weijun Wang (Bookslut)
- Blank, White, Spaces: An Interview with Esmé Weijun Wang (Asian American Writers’ Workshop)
- The Inheritance of Trauma: Q&A with Adrienne Celt & Esmé Weijun Wang (ZYZZYVA)
- 9 Women Writers Who Are Breaking New Nonfiction Territory (Bustle)
- Esmé Weijun Wang Wins Graywolf Press Nonfiction Prize (Graywolf)
- The Rumpus Interview with Esmé Weijun Wang (The Rumpus)
- 5 Women of Color Who Are Changing the World for the Better (BookRiot)
PODCAST & RADIO INTERVIEWS (AUDIO)
PRESS & MEDIA PHOTOS
All press and media photographs taken by Kristin Cofer.