Listening for Words
Listening for Words is a series of professionally edited recordings of guided meditations for writers. Each audio is intuitively sourced, recorded with love, and designed to help you both center and align your mind with a specific aspect of the writing process—combining mindfulness with Muse so that your best work can arise.
Be mindful. Get writing.
“Incredible new recording by the wonderful Esmé Weijun Wang for writers of any type preparing to start their writing day. Esmé’s work is just incredible, her voice a soft, soothing balm. I can’t recommend it highly enough. Five stars!” — MB
“I’m kicking off this weekly practice with a listen to Esmé Weijun Wang’s new offering, a meditation for beginnings. Her voice is a salve to my fearsome heart, and with her guidance the words flood into my bones. I remember what it means to begin, again. What it means to find wholeness in the pen and pages. What it means to listen.” — SB
Sample from Landscape of Your Imagination:
- BEGINNING A WRITING SESSION is 6 minutes and 47 seconds long. This guided meditation prepares you for the day’s writing session, whether it be a six-hour fiction marathon or a shorter burst of freestyle poetry, by summoning your internal reserves and any external Muse(s) for a gentle settling-in. Whether you’ve been professionally writing for years, are just starting out, or something in between, BEGINNING A WRITING SESSION, when used regularly, is a terrific way to train your mind: here we go; because, as author Dani Shapiro says, “No matter what you’ve achieved the day before, you begin each day at the bottom of the mountain.”
- LANDSCAPE OF YOUR IMAGINATION is 8 minutes and 4 seconds long. This guided meditation prepares you for writing about a place of your imagination. Excellent for either fiction or nonfiction, as this meditation brings you to the location about which you will write.
- MEETING A CHARACTER is 9 minutes and 11 seconds long. This guided meditation prepares you for writing about a person and/or character of your imagination. Excellent for either fiction or nonfiction, as this meditation brings you to the person about which you will write.
- WRITING WITH BRAVERY is 6 minutes and 48 seconds long. Perhaps you are about to write a difficult scene in a story, or are about to tap into a painful memory for a personal essay. This guided meditation infuses you with bravery and confidence for the writing ahead.
- Purchase a .zip file of ALL 4 AUDIOS.