As I have been on vacation, and am currently staying in a place with no Internet (I know — how impossible!), the Saturday post has been transferred to today. Brought to you by a blip within the time-space continuum, here is Places to Go, People to See: The Monday Edition. I hope your weekends were beautiful.
- I learned about The Future Letter back when Jess Lively was a co-host on another website, but this recent post of hers in which she details how to send a Future Letter that can actually be mailed by post back to you, including a red wax seal, blew my mind. Granted, this particular post is about her new tradition of a Future Letter designed for couples and their anniversaries, but the takeaway for me was: write a Future Letter; have it sent back by post.
- Katherine Lightner went to the real Downton Abbey, and I am living vicariously through her post and adorable photo.
- Honestly, I want to put every post Jillian has ever written in my weekly links list, but this piece about love, her dog Farley, and river running renewed my appreciation for all of the beautiful creatures in my life.
- This trip has created a lot of conversations about the difficulty of making friends in adulthood, so I was glad to see a post in which Magpie Girl discusses that very issue. (via Mara Glatzel)
- Is it possible for me to give Ann Friedman a high-five over the Internet? Here it is: high-five, Ann, for this piece about men, women, and media empire-building.
- A sad piece, but necessary: Why I Keep My Bipolar Disorder Secret at Work.
- I don’t normally read Gluten-Free Girl, being a person who eats a decent amount of gluten, but this piece about loss and food made me weep.
- I wrote a piece called, I Was Just Diagnosed with a Mental Illness. Now What?, which Mind Body Green published this past week.
With love and 90+ degree weather,