I’ve been so thrilly about the (early) release of Rawness of Remembering: Restorative Journaling Through Difficult Times that I barely have my mind on the weekly links list. Still, the show must go on. But before I say anything else, may I please direct you to a few changes on the site: the About page has undergone some changes, and the Course page has been fully updated with complete information about the class, including a schedule, the ability to register as an early-bird, and testimonials that would give me a puffed-up head if I weren’t so darn nervous about the whole (brilliant!) endeavor.
Also: if you happened to be a subscriber of this here site as of this morning, you received a special discount button for Rawness of Remembering. Be on the lookout! And if you’re not a subscriber, you’re really missing out on my hot dog jokes.*
Some reading material for your perusal:
- I’m not normally “into babies,” but this post by Jessica Stanley made me all verklempt. I think it has something to do with how tender and quiet the photographs are, combined with her words: “I have cried this week because I know she is going to grow up and not always be the size of an AFL football, and cried because she hasn’t let me eat my dinner, and cried whenever she’s got a present or a nice comment on Instagram, and cried reading in a baby book about problems she doesn’t even have because I feel sorry for other babies who do.”
- I once wrote a post about the one message that I had settled on for my life, and Oh So Pretty wrote about the exact same message in this post about kindness. Except her post has a truly beautiful graphic to go with it, and mine did not, so she wins.
- The vibrant Amanda Genther laid out her thoughts on launch strategy in this post.
- Mia Ferguson rocked this Huffington Post video interview about sexual violence on campus and the advocacy work that she’s doing. I adore her.
- Sarah Deragon wrote a beautiful post about doing a shoot with me, which is an honor of all kinds. I was particularly intrigued by her description of my work as “radical honesty,” which is a phrase that I might have to steal at some point.
- After reading this post by Grammar Girl about GameSalad, I am actually thinking about making an app, which prior to reading her post seemed like the equivalent of building Valhalla in my backyard.
- While I was “on vacation,” I realized that half the graphics on my website looked horrible. After some investigation, I discovered that this was due to the fact that I wasn’t optimizing my images for Retina display — and I’m trying to spread the word. Here’s a post about Retina optimization. Pass it on.
I also discovered five minutes ago that I accidentally deleted all of my bookmarks for 1.) stores that I shop at and 2.) resources for business, web design, tech help, etc., so if you have any suggestions for those, feel free to leave them in the comments.
Have a gorgeous day, loves.
*Okay, so I haven’t really told any hot dog jokes on the mailing list yet, but it’s not outside of the realm of possibility. You won’t know unless you sign up.